- Written by Administrator
- Category: Uncategorised
- Published: 19 November 2010
- Last Updated: 25 February 2016
- Created: 19 November 2010
- Hits: 6160
Hindu Charities For America (HC4A) was conceived for the purpose of providing communities across the United States an opportunity to give back to the communities who have embraced us and given us the chance to prosper. It was founded in 2010 and obtained a 501( c)(3) non-denominational charity status in May of 2010. All donations are tax deductible.Some of the immigrant communities have already recognized our responsibility to help improve the quality of life back home. We have contributed our time and money to build schools, temples, hospitals and more. HC4A has launched various initiatives to help communities get involved in giving back to their local societies.
According to the National Coalition for the Homeless, 1.2 million children are homeless on any given night in the United States. Analysis of recently released federal data shows that the number of homeless children and youth identified in public schools has increased for the second year in a row, and by 41% over the past two school years.
There are over a million homeless children in America who need your help and support. HC4A aims to support these children’s education, by annually donating school supplies. The sever situations which homeless children face are evident through the following video :
Our initial goal is to aid in the overall education of homeless children in America. Since its launch is 2010, each Indian should be proud to say that we have each helped in Education for the following in the Austin, TX metro area.
- 2012-2013 School Year:
- School Supplies for 600 kids in Manor ISD - Packing of school supplies was a joint event with the Asutin Jewish and Hindu communities working together to do service!
- Excess school supplies from the Manor donation was donated to Allison Elementary School
- Back packs for Refugee Children
2011-2012 School Year:
- 2010-11 School Year:
- Donation of school supplies to 230 children in Round Rock ISD.
Hindu Charities For America (HC4A) is a recognized Texas based national non-profit organization (all donations are tax deductible).
The 2013-14 donation drive is to support:
- School Supplies for:
- 400 Homeless kids in Manor
- 200 to 475 Homeless kids in Austin*
- Tuition Scholarships for*:
- $1,000 Scholarship for UT through American Asian Studies Department
- $500 each tuition Scholarship for each two ISDs
- $500 tuition Scholarship for Refugee child.