Upcoming Events - Bollywood Meets Borscht Belt
- Parent Category: News
- Published: 21 January 2011
This was a successful event!
Bollywood Meets Borscht Belt - Sunday May 19th from 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Bollywood Meets Borscht Belt – A Family Event
Sunday May 19th, 2013, 5:00pm to 8:00pm
Dell Jewish Community Campus
7300 Hart Lane, Austin, TX 78731
Tickets/Sponsorship/Donations at: https://www.shalomaustin.org/namaste OR Sulekha.com
View on Face Book by clicking here.
Join the Hindu and Jewish communities for a night of multi-cultural entertainment, food and fun! Enjoy a veggie/dairy Indian food dinner sponsored by area Indian restaurants followed by Jewish dessert, along with traditional Hindu music and Jewish folk dancing. Indian attendees are encouraged to wear colorful festive attire! We will also feature Indian Jewelry by Praveen Kale & Clothing, Hena and face painting artists will also be present!
Proceeds will benefit the education of homeless children in Austin and Manor Schools. One adult ticket helps provide school supplies for one child for one year. A single sponsorship provides support for 6 children, and commitment by May 1 includes name or business listing and 2 event tickets.
The Hindu and Jewish communities will come back together in August to pack backpacks full of school supplies.
Below is more information on the event:
1. People to buy tickets - online at: https://www.shalomaustin.org/namaste, or Sulekha
2. Give sponsorship of minimum $108 using the same link (two tickets if requested)
3. Donate any amount the heart desires.
The sponsors will have the following benefits:
1. In emails, we will include the names with links - we will have at least two 3k emails to Austin Indian community.
2. Post event, we will have an article where the sponsors will be recognized in an email (3K)
3. Will be listed in the program
4. Will have a poster with sponsor names
List of Performers:
Mayur Dance Co. (Monsoon Dance), Preya Patel, Yesh Rikud - Austin Israeli Folk Dancing, Naga Valli, Anuradha Naimpally, Mazel Tov Kocktail Hour and Rabbi Neil Blumofe, Srishti, Bollywood Shake
Special Thanks to our Food Sponsors:
Bombay Bistro, Chole Indian Restaurant, Curry In Hurry, Inchins Bamboo Garden, Madras Pavilion (Kosher), Persis Indian Grill, Sarovar Indian Cuisine, Shirdi Sai BabaTemple, Star of India, Teji’s Food, Whip In Convenience Store, ... and more
Special Thanks to our Sponsors/Donors:
- Bollywood Sake – we teach Indian Bollywood Dance for a cultural experience full of fun and excitement. Our approach includes teaching choreographed routines to popular Indian movie songs. In addition to learning some cool moves, our classes will also give you a great workout! Bollywood Sake is also a supporter of non-profits, particularly relating to children. Please also check out their event on Apr 27th in support of Miracle Foundation https://www.facebook.com/events/486094304789868/
- Kirit Mehta, G & H Financial Insurance Services, Inc - Insurance Specialists who maximize discounts and reduce overall cost by combing auto and home insurance with one agency
- Indus Realty - a multi-faceted Real Estate Service company which caters to clients for all of their residential, commercial and investment needs in Austin Texas and surrounding areas
- Dhoom Production - Dhoom Decorations provides full service event decorations service that offers one stop solution for all types of events including wedding, engagement, anniversary, birthday, corporate meetings and baby shower etc.
- Omkara Music Band - a group of musicians who volunteer their music talent in producing Bollywood and semi classical Indian shows to support global charities.
- AustinIndia.com - Austin Indian's central online platform to get full details on upcoming community events, vendor coupons, yellow page directory, classifieds, and much more.
- Saxena Foundation – Its mission is to advance inventive and effective ways of promoting STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) education in the United States and empowering young women so that they have equal rights later in life.
- Ethnic Dezines - Indian Fashions by Praveen Kale
- Annonymous Individual Sponsors: $1,000, $500.
- Individual Sponsors: Jignesh & Rashmika Patel, Keya Chowdhury, Rambhai Patel
- Austin South Asian – The only community paper in Austin! for local community news!